Sunday 17 August 2014

THOSE THAT KNOW THEIR GOD SHALL DO GREAT EXPLOITS

PSALM 34:9-10 Exploit means daring ,great achievement. In other words we will do something great or have great achievement if we know our GOD. Exploit is not limited to material possession, it could be spiritual (Acts 2:41) Peter preached the Gospel and about 3,000 souls were saved, 2Kings 13 :15-24 Elisha bones brought to life a dead person, also in Acts 19:12’God did extraordinary miracles through Paul so that even handkerchief and aprons that has touched him were taken to the sick and their sickness were cured and the evil spirit left them.. in Acts 5:15 peter’s shadow healed the sick. In John 10:14 Jesus said ‘I am the Good shepherd I know my sheep and my sheep knows me’ and in John 10:27 ‘my sheep listen to my voice I know them and they follow me. Psalm 23:1 says, ‘the Lord is my shepherd I shall not want. In psalm 34:10 ‘fear the lord you saints for those who fear him .lack nothing. The lion may grow weak and hungry but those who seek the lord lack no good thing. The question now is do you know this God? What does it take to know this God Matt 7:21 says, ’not everyone who say to me lord will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my father in heaven. Titus 1:16 ,they claim to know God but there action deny him. They are detestable disobedient unfit for doing anything good. Isaiah 29:13 says, the lord says These people come near to me with their lips but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is made up of rule thought by men. From the facts above can we be justified to say we know God and will do exploit. Can one be a child of the God of abundance and live in lack. This is a food for thought. WHAT CAN DEBAR YOU FROM DOING EXPLOIT • SIN. Jesus said if you love me keep my commandment. Rev 2:4 ‘yet I hold this against you, you have fallen from your first love .I John3:8 says “the one who does what is sinful is of the devil because the devil has been sinning from the beginning” After all God wish for us is to prosper and be in good health even as our soul prospers.(3John 2) • SELFISHNESS. Whatever we have is given to us by God in trust for us to to help others. And we shall give account of it to God the giver.Matt.25:35-36 Jesus says “For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat ,I was thirsty you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger you invited me in, I needed clothes you clothed me, I was ill you took care of me, I was in prison you came to visit me. The king will reply Truly I tell you “whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine you did for me.” Matt.25 :40 • Haven known this there is need to return back to our God and he will return back to us. We have to rededicate our lives back to God sanctified with blood of the lamb. We can do this in the following ways. • BEING IN CONSTANT COMMUNION WITH GOD 1Thessalonians 5:17, says ‘pray continually’. We should ask God for his blessing Matt 7:7 says ‘ask and you shall receive’. • HAVE FAITH IN GOD The road to Christianity. is very rugged. Unless you doggedly fight on you might not get to the required destination .Matt 21:21-22 “Jesus replied ‘I tell you the truth if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what is done to this fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain ‘go throw yourself into the sea and it will be done..Let me briefly buttress this with the story of George Muller a motivational speaker and a man of God. His philosophy is ‘I will tell God and God will tell somebody’ He had an orphanage home, one faithful day the food in the home got finished and the matron reported this to him after using what is left for the children’s breakfast. At noon when it was time for lunch she came back to George Muller to ask what to give the children. In reply he said ring the bell and set the plates for food. After they have gathered George Muller prayed over the empty plates at the point of concluding a vehicle grounded to a hurt by the door of the dinning. Behold it was a benefactor who came with both cooked and uncooked food that have arrived. The cooked food was served in the plates already set. • WORK AS YOU PRAY AND EXERCISE FAITH 2Thesalonias 3:10 ‘ the one who is unwilling to work should not eat.’ It is the works of our hands that the lord blesses It is a good thing to do exploit the greatest exploit is to be saved. Whatever wealth ,material possession we acquired, all will be left here on earth ,our good deed alone will take us to heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment